WEKTECH is a coworking space that hosts entrepreneurs and freelancers. We support their growth through workshops, events and partnerships. Founded and managed by the innovation agency WIN, our vast community of alumni, mentors and partner organizations makes us the destination for the tech, design and entrepreneurship scene in the Kitchener Waterloo Area.
What is WekTech
- We are located in the idea quarter right on the new LRT line with great public transportation routes
- Located across from the University of Waterloo and close proximity to WLU and Conestoga College
- Located close to the David Johnson Research & Technology Park
- Close to Parks, lakes, biking trails
- With LRT we will be only minutes away from downtown Kitchener and Conestoga Mall
- Close access to highway 7/8
Michael Wekerle (Wek)
Michael Wekerle is a rock star in the world of Canadian finance, known for his shrewd value spotting in the fields of tech, biotech and media. As the founder and Chairman of the merchant bank Difference Capital Financial Inc., he oversees a fund that includes such successful growth companies as Hootsuite, Vision Critical, BuildDirect and Blue Ant Media. He also holds significant real estate assets, including an impressive portfolio of high-tech commercial properties in Waterloo, Ontario, as well as the historic Toronto entertainment venue the El Mocambo. And he is a partner in the Canadian franchise of Wahlburgers—Paul, Donnie and Mark Wahlberg’s Boston-based burger chain.
170 Columbia Street West Suite 2
Waterloo, ON. N2L 5W3
+1 (226) 336-1242